You Know You Live on a Military Base When...
10 Ways You Know You Live in Military Housing
1. You have kids play in your front yard on a daily basis ... even though you don’t have any kids of your own. (Aubrianna Rumbaugh)
2. You’ve thrown your hands up and muttered, “Get a map!” when the line at the Front Gate is held up by someone asking for directions. (Babette Maxwell)
3. Your neighbor calls you “Sir,” even when you’re taking out the garbage. (Shauna Anderson Laauwe)
4. You have to stop in the middle of the street at 5 p.m. every day so people can get out and salute in the general direction of the nearest flag. (Samantha Hooper)
5. You’ve tended someone else’s vegetables in the community garden because the people who planted them have moved. (Babette Maxwell)
Sign up for the Military Spouse weekly email, and never miss out on our most popular topics.
50 Tips You NEED Before Your Next PCS Move
About to embark on your very first Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move? A seasoned pro at the moving game? We asked our Facebook community for the one thing they wish they knew before their la...
Five Tough Conversations to Have BEFORE Deployment
Photo Credit: Morgan Slade Your spouse has given you the news that you dread. He or she is going to deploy to a war zone. The time between that news and an actual departure date can vary greatly...
My Husband Cheated, and Our Marriage is Better Than Ever!
Written by A Military Spouse Editors Note: The spouse who wrote this piece chose to remain anonymous... and we fully support her decision to do so. We encourage readers to read this entire piece ...
A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.
A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.
A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.
A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.
A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.