Gigya Leaderboard

Cross Stitchers?

I'm a crafter with a short attention span...lol.  I have a tendency to start a project, and then let it fall by the wayside.  I have a cross stitch carousel horse that I bought and started my senior year of high school; I still haven't finished it, and I graduated in 1993...lol.  Sometimes I do manage to finish them.  I did a little carousel scene for my mom and then had my brother frame it (he worked in the framing department of a craft store at the time).  I have two eagle cross stitches I did...one my husband and I framed ourselves, and the other I had my brother frame (and the people at the store liked it so much they wanted to keep it for display...lol).

I also crochet and scrapbook, and I've dabbled in who knows how many other crafts also.

Yes. Finally someone who understands I love to cross-stitch I am working on something right now. I normally try to put them in a frame. The only downfall is the counting it makes your head hurt after awhile. I taught myself how to do it when my husband got deployed  last time. It took some time to get it, but trust me I am not expert but I do pretty good. Believe me there is room for improvement. I just love it I'll push my kid's to the side for it Ha, Ha, Ha. Do get in touch with me.

Yes, that would be wonderful. I need some new ones.

marlo.hamby@yahoo.com

Hi :

I'm going to start my mona lisa project I was wondering if you finished yours?

I came across your post , although I'm not a military wife i would love to know how the mona lisa turned out .

Quoted
i'm a cross stitcher. my biggest project is the mona lisa. i 've never finished it though bc it's huge and i couldn't figure out some of the stitches. i guess since i won't be working for about a month i might have to start working on that again. i do all my own framing. i also crochet. i'm finishing up my fiances afghan and i'm working on a quilt for my little cousin who will be 2 in march. i'm new this site and i'll be getting married on march 1st and will be a sailors wife.

I used to cross stitch a lot when I was younger.  I think I learned around 8 or 9.  I don't think I've done anything since my grandpa died when I was in 6th grade though.  I just don't know what to do with my finished projects.

I love cross-stitching!  And it is very relaxing for me too!  I started on my own when I was about 10 or 11.  Found a little ad in one of grandmother's magazines for a free cross-stitch kit.  Did that one, then didn't get back into until I was an adult when I could buy my own things. I've made so many I've lost count, but I think I'm pretty good at it.  I do a lot of larger designs now.  Although they take me a while to finish, because I don't work on them every day.  My daughter wanted to start learning a few years ago, so I started her on plastic canvas to help get the hang of the half-stitch first.  She was only 9 at the time.  I have some very simple cross-stitch designs for her to try now, that I think she'll be able to do.  It's always nice to have a quiet hobby to settle your nerves after a hectic day. Reading and cross-stitching do that for me. :)

Oh! Oh! Me! Me! /WorkArea/threadeddisc/emoticons/biggrin.png  I am the only one in my family that does. My grandmother is a seamstress and everyone else in my family can sew but no one else can cross stitch. I LOVE IT! I have done it since I was a little girl so I am quite good...I guess /WorkArea/threadeddisc/emoticons/happy.png  I have lots and lots of patterns and stuff and am getting more and more each day...feel free to contact me if you would like to see if I have something you are looking for pattern wise...I have a scanner I can scan it and email it to you! /WorkArea/threadeddisc/emoticons/biggrin.png Oh and right now I am working on something for an Army wife friend of mine...it is a picture of a house that says "Home is where the Army sends us" but it also gives the option for the other services and you can put the name of a base or person in a banner at the top...pretty neat..I'll post pics when I get it done...

i'm a cross stitcher. my biggest project is the mona lisa. i 've never finished it though bc it's huge and i couldn't figure out some of the stitches. i guess since i won't be working for about a month i might have to start working on that again. i do all my own framing. i also crochet. i'm finishing up my fiances afghan and i'm working on a quilt for my little cousin who will be 2 in march. i'm new this site and i'll be getting married on march 1st and will be a sailors wife.

Are there any cross stitchers out there? Its such a relaxing hobby! What's everyone working on now?

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +