Gigya Leaderboard

anyone published?

Hi there, fellow writers,

I've published a book few months ago that I've written while stationed in Hohenfels, Germany last year.  It's called The Heidelberg Ghost and is available at Amazon, B&N, iTunes and all the other major online book retailers. It's a fun paranormal love story with some quirky ghosts, a treasure hunt, and a sprinkle of love...

I chose to go the self-publishing route, which the market seems to shift to right now (and just makes more sense).  It was actually fairly easy to get it published, and you don't have to write a ton of query letters and wait months for responses.  You just have to make sure that you have a good quality book, including the cover.

If you are writing a book and have a bunch of questions about self-publishing, like I did, feel free to contact me.  I'll be glad to share what I've learned so far.  I have my website and other contact info listed in my bio.

Now go have a peak at the book on Amazon.... ;-)

Nickie

I wrote one. It is called The Day After He Left for Iraq. I kept a journal about what it was like while my husband was gone as well as how my kids dealt with it. First, get the manuscript very ready to go, then contact an agent. You can look for one online, or you can find books with lists of agents and their interests. You should also check out The Shortest Distance Between You and a Published Book by Susan Page. It will take you step-by-step through the process. Once you have landed an agent, she will try to sell it to a publisher. From there on, you are published! Good luck with it!!! It is very fun and rewarding to see your words on the page.

If you want to check out my book, you can look through the contents and read the first chapter on Amazon.com. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1602392943?ie=UTF8&tag=theepslitage-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1602392943

Let me know if you need any advice!

Visit dayafterheleftforiraq.com and check out my book!

I have, too--romance novels.  I recommend absolutewrite.com as a good resource for any type of writing.  They handle all genre, have good articles, and a great forum where you can ask questions and even find critique partners if you're in the market.  Good luck!

Read romance? I write it! Visit: www.martykindall.com

Dear Military Spouse:

First let me thank you for the sacrifices you, your spouse, and family are making for all of us in this country. I so appreciate your unselfishness, and I know that your spouse and you are true heroes.

Because military personnel are so often away from their families for long periods of time, I am participating in Operation E-Book Drop, a program that offers free ebooks to military personnel serving overseas. In keeping with that idea, I want to make my ebook, A Spy At Home, available for free to military spouses as well. The story revolves around a retired CIA agent, with a wife and a disabled son, who comes to understand what he missed during his many years of service out of the country. (You can see a longer synopsis of the book on the Amazon page at http://amzn.to/rYD4ZW.)

You don't have to have an e-reader to download and read this ebook; you can download software to your PC or iPhone that will make it possible for you to receive and read ebooks.  If you would like a free copy of this ebook, please message me on FB at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Joseph-M-Rinaldo-Ebook-Page/105978502763910, and I will send you a discount code for downloading the book free from Smashwords, or if you send me your email address, I will forward the ebook directly to you in whatever format you prefer (pdf, doc, html, mobi).

Again, my thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Joe Rinaldo, Author

www.josephmrinaldo.com

http://wwwjosephmrinaldocom.blogspot.com

Has anyone ever written a book and had it published? My friend and I both started writing to the time while our husbands were gone and she is almost done!! I think her book is great and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or experience.

thanks for the reply. i will check out your book!

thanks again for all the good advice i have only managed to write like three paragraphs so congrats to everyone who has finished!!

I haven't had a book published yet, but I've been working on it. A great resource is Writer's Market. It lists tons of publishers and offers great advice for preparing your manuscript, sending queries, and things of that nature. I got a copy on Amazon.com for a decent price. You might also check for it at your local library. You might also check out the forums at writersdigest.com.

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +