Gigya Leaderboard

Military friendly schools for spouses

Hi, I have been attending Saint Leo University for about 3 1/2 years and love it. Most of everyone who attends is in the military or a spouse. All of the classes are online, and they have a flat rate for military/spouses of 750.00 per class. It is a private college, so it's a little more expensive. However, with the cost per credit increasing, at least military have a flat rate. /WorkArea/threadeddisc/emoticons/biggrin.png

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

I also went through Penn Foster and loved it as did 3 of my cousins.... Its super easy to get through your classes and very conveinient. There is no certain time you have to get through a semester, you work when its good for you..Which makes it awesome when youre busy with family and taking care of your hubby and home and chores and bills and all that good stuff! I made my own goals to motivate myself and finished a 3 yr program in 2... Best of luck!

Lovin' Justin <3

Why pay for childcare or gas money when you can attend school from the comfort of your own home? Enroll today in one of our online programs and be career ready in 6 months or less. Meditec offers online programs in the medical, legal, business, insurance, real estate and information technology fields – all MyCAA approved! E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 spouses you could qualify for the $4,000 MyCAA grant. Interested in learning more?

>Contact me TODAY: jamiernoe@gmail.com with your name and number, or leave your email below for more information.
Feel free to check out my page as well: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Meditec-Online-courses-for-military-spouses-mycaa-approved/329507173768558?ref=hl

Hello, I'm trying to find out if anyone knows and can help me with finding schools online that are military friendly. I'm am desperately trying to get back into school to get my degree.  Of course I need able to move about when it's time for my husband to relocate. I've had done plenty of google searches but I  haven't came up with anything that's giving me an 100% guarantee that it's real. I thought I finally found one when I saw US career  institute on this website but after doing a google search I've seen several negative comments. If someone can help please let me know.
Thanks.

You should check into the Minnesota School of Business. They have tons of online options and I just started attending online classes and I get charged $252 a credit compared to $418 as a military spouse scholarship! They are very understanding, I've been to a few other state universities in Minnesota, and this is by-far the better school.

I'm not sure how far away you can be or anything of that sort, but they are worth looking into.

SOC is a great place to start, because all those colleges have agreed to take transfer credits from each other.  A lot depends on where you're at with your degree and what you plan your degree to be.  If you're just starting out or still working on your GenEd requirements, you could get your AA degree at a SOC school (usually all those required undergraduate courses) then transfer it into a Bachelor program (all the courses you really want to take) at another school.  That's what I'm going to do through Coastline http://military.coastline.edu, because they have free books for spouses as well.

I would recommend American Military University (AMU). The are fully accreditted and very easy to work with when getting everything set up. I learned about the University through my husbands chain of command. I was interested and decided to research them, I turned to MyCAA for help. MyCAA has them listed within the schools that they deal with. I graduated from AMU with my AA in Business Admin in Feb of this year and decided to go back and obtain my Bachelors Degree. I am able to work on assignments when I have the time through out the week. You are able to choose between 8 week classes or 16 week classes, and you are not requried to take a certain amount of classes, you can choose to take 1 at a time or 4 if you want. I personally take 2 eight week classes then take another 2 eight week classes, filing my semester with 4 classes over all, making me a full time student. Check out their site, ask questions, they are like I said very helpful. Best of luck.

Meditec is a complete, career-focused online training solution. Our certificate programs will help you gain valuable skills in the medical and legal fields.

If you are MyCAA eligible, MyCAA will pay for up to $4,000 in educational expenses. No out of pocket cost to you.

Who is eligible for MyCAA Financial Assistance? :

* Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 who can start and complete their coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserve Components in these same pay grades.

Who is NOT eligible:

* Spouses married to service members in pay grades: E-6 and above; W-3 and above; and O-3 and above
* Spouses who are a member of the armed forces themselves currently on Title 10 orders
* Spouses who are married but legally separated (or under court order or statute of any state or US territory) from a member of the armed forces on Title 10 orders
* Spouses whose National Guard/Reserve Component military sponsor is in a Warning Orders/Alert, Post Deployment/Demobilization or Transition Status
* Spouses married to a member of the Coast Guard
* Spouses who are unable to start and complete their course(s) while their military sponsor is on Title 10 orders

Please note: If you do not meet the MyCAA qualifications above, a Meditec admissions advisor can offer you low monthly payment plans. Meditec is not only for military spouses; however only military spouses can apply for the MYCAA grant.

Meditec Online Programs:

Real Estate *
Pharmacy Technician Certification *
Pharmacy Technician Certification & Customer Service Representative *

Paralegal
Legal Transcription
Medical Billing

Medical Billing and Coding
Medical Coding
Medical Office Assistant
Medical Office Manager
Medical Transcription
Medical Transcription and Coding
Medical Transcription, Billing & Coding
Pharmacy Technician Certification & Administrative *

Assistant Paralegal & Administrative Assistant
Medical Transcription & Accounting Clerk
Legal Transcription & Accounting Clerk
Medical Billing, Coding & Accounting
Medical Office Assistant & Administrative Assistant

If you are interested in any of the above programs, please send me an email at mediteckatie@gmail.com with the following:

· Your full name

· phone number

· email

· time zone

· Program of interest

I will have a Meditec admissions advisor contact you within 24 hours. They can answer your questions and get the enrollment process started.

We hold an A+ rating with the BBB and our staff is super friendly. Be sure to advise your Meditec admissions advisor that you heard about the program through me - Kathryn Valentine

Congrats on taking the first step!
*Note: Real Estate Courses are only available to residents in Texas, California, Washington, Florida & Georgia.

*Note: Pharmacy tech program not available to residents in Florida, Indiana, Nevada, South Dakota, Utah, North Dakota and Washington

I'm in Korea and it's REALLY hard finding college here. The ED center won't cover me with the G.I. Bill (we're still low rank and not in long enough or something like that) BUT I started in Sept with Penn Foster and I love it, I've already completed 3 or 4 classes and it's CHEAP ($1000) for one semester (including all the books and what not) So I got a job and I paid for it with our extra money. They will follow you when you PCS and they have always been helpful. AND they are BBB approved.

http://www.pennfoster.edu/

I was extremely cautious with it all but decided to try it out anyways.

Good luck!

Army Wife Since 2007 Pictures, Images and Photos

I was wondering if any one has had a good experience with  Coastline Community College? Thinking about enrolling. 

Servicemember Opportunity Colleges (SOC) are supposed to work with you.  There are a lot of schools on the list- I didn't know mine was until after I started! 
Check out:
http://www.soc.aascu.org/

Grantham University is military oriented and Spouses get the same rate as the military. It's all online and books are included in cost. 8 week courses, but you can finish them early if you're feeling froggy! They offer associates, bachelors and masters. Business and IT/Computer degrees are very portable when the need to PCS arises.

www.grantham.edu

or email me if you'd like more info.

I have a bit of information about MyCAA and Meditec. The Department of Defense's (DoD) Military Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) provides eligible spouses with up to $4,000 in financial assistance towards their education at ZERO cost to you.

Who Is Eligible for MyCAA?
Spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member, or activated Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O2. Spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders.

Meditec’s online medical, business, and legal training programs are simply the best and most cost effective. Unlike most online schools, Meditec brings 40+ years of applied teaching and business experience to the table. That experience is reflected in the training material. They also have an A+ rating with the BBB.

Training courses are available online, and they are all self-paced. They include EVERYTHING you need to know.

It cost you nothing out of pocket, the books and all supplies are supplied to you and are shipped as soon as you register!

Here are the programs you can choose:
Paralegal
Legal Transcription
Medical Billing
Medical Billing and Coding
Medical Coding
Medical Office Assistant
Medical Office Manager
Medical Transcription
Medical Transcription and Coding
Medical Transcription, Billing & Coding
Office Clerk
Pharmacy Technician Training Course
Real Estate (Texas, California, Washington, Florida and Georgia)

If you are interested in any of these programs or want more info please let me know as I am happy to help. You can email me: kdjernigan@gmail.com

Kristy

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +