Gigya Leaderboard

getting married before bootcamp?

hi there. my boyfriend just recently joined the marines and will be leaving for bootcamp on May 28th, maybe sooner. As of now are plans are to get married after boot camp before tech school because his recruiter said that if we get married before bootcamp it could mess up his paperwork, which is understandable, but i just wanted to make sure he is being honest with us. And my other question is: Cam i live with him while he is in MOS? I've gotten mixed answers on this so I just want to know forsure.

Thanks for your help :)

My husband was a Marine Corps recruiter for 3 years. Your boyfriend’s recruiter is full of s***. You guys getting married won't "mess up his paperwork." It just means the recruiter is either too lazy to do the extra paperwork or doesn't agree with the marriage. When he's in MOS school, if you guys aren't married, he has to live in the barracks. Even if you were married, it would probably be hard to get permission for him to live off base. You can move to the town where his school is but if you're not married, it's on your dime.

hi there. my boyfriend just recently joined the marines and will be leaving for bootcamp on May 28th, maybe sooner. As of now are plans are to get married after boot camp before tech school because his recruiter said that if we get married before bootcamp it could mess up his paperwork, which is understandable, but i just wanted to make sure he is being honest with us. And my other question is: Cam i live with him while he is in MOS? I've gotten mixed answers on this so I just want to know forsure.

Thanks for your help :)

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +