Gigya Leaderboard

are there any other key spouses out there?

I'm a KS, and I think the main thing is to outline what you do (esp the confidentiality part and that your role is to be a resource, to serve and advocate for SPOUSES on behalf of the unit command).  Most dont know what a ks does, the limits or the abilities given.  next include what YOU plan to do -- outings, spouses nights out, unit facebook page, organizing phone tree or meals for new moms, whatever etc. and/or really encourage them to email you with suggestions.  a KS friend I know included a survey for the spouses to fill out, about what they liked/disliked about the unit/area, favorite restaurant, number of kids, job, "wish list", etc.   

If you have a list of spouse emails or phone numbers already, consider yourself lucky!!  If not, you will really need your commander to encourage his employees to fwd your message to their spouses.  Also consider offering the letter to civilian employees' spouses -- they are an excellent resource for childcare, dry cleaners, etc. bc they are locals.   The best thing I've done is spouses' night out -- the first was at a paint your own pottery place, which was a great icebreaker.    

Hey guys, i'm a new key spouse and i'm getting ready to mail out letters to all of my people.  My question is what is the proper way to do it in your 

opinion.  any by that I mean doing the addresses on the envelope and the initial greeting.  

I appreciate your opinions.

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +