Gigya Leaderboard

Uplifting deployment quotes

There are 2 projects I'm working on for my husband to take to afghanistan with him in a couple months. One I need help on.

I cut up well over 300 pieces of paper, and put them in a bag. I'm going to tell him to read one everyday, so he will have something handwritten from me every single day. So far, I have just sweet nothings from me, some Bible verses, things I'm looking forward to when he comes home, quotes, etc.

I have several uplifting/love deployment quotes, but if you know any good ones post them please! I have over 200 left LOL!

Thanks!

How about this one....

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”  Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

Daisypath

Aww I LOVE this idea!!! That's so sweet. We are almost to the end of my husbands deployment (WOOHOO!!/WorkArea/threadeddisc/emoticons/biggrin.png) and I sent him a lot of letters and cards so he could have something hand written from me and I have always sent him an email before going to bed unless we talk on Skype right before bed. But that's such an awesome idea. Anyway, as far as quotes go i like Genesis 31:49 "The Lord watch between you and me, when we are out of one another's sight." and Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." You might already have those but those are two of my favorites. Other than that I would try googling "deployment quotes" or something like that. Good luck!/WorkArea/threadeddisc/emoticons/happy.png

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

I just thought of some more quotes lol. I'll try to think of some others too if you need more./WorkArea/threadeddisc/emoticons/happy.png

"Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great." - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry someone you can't live without."

“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”
- Audrey Hepburn

"Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart."

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

I have a quote obsession! lol I have so many quotes written down!

Here are a few you might like:

You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.  ~Frederick Buechner

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!

Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will.

I wait for you not because I have to or because I can. I wait for you because I want to.

Cinderella walked on broken glass. Sleeping Beauty let a whole lifetime pass. Belle fell in love with a hideous beast. Jasmine married a common thief. Ariel walked on land for love and life. Snow White barely escaped a knife. It was all about blood, sweat, and tears, because love, means facing your biggest fears.

The longer the waiting, the sweeter the kiss. It’s better my darling, I promise you this. The next time I hold you I’m not letting go. Will you wait for me darling, I need to know. –Josh Turner: The Longer the Waiting (the Sweeter the Kiss)

Don’t measure the distance, measure my love.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank Ru... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +