Gigya Leaderboard

spouse dies can i still live on base?

this is branch specific and most allow the surviving spouse 12 months grace period.

thanks, that is what I thought, too

hypothetical question

If the spouse dies while deployed and is killed in action, can the surviving spouse still live on base, in base housing, etc???

I was told at a briefing that if anything (god forbid) was to happen to my husband that they will allow you to live on base for a year and then you would have to move. Find the center on base like the Airman and Family Readiness Center..(information centers) and talk to them about your questions and concerns. They are there to help and always have tons of info about things like these.

I am not for sure on this, but I believe I've heard that they would get a transitional period like a year or two to get everything sorted, but I believe they would then have to move off base. It probably varies by service though, since we all can't seem to do the same thing!

~Jo AD AF & AF Spouse Daisypath Anniversary tickers

It will depend on the location they can allow it up to a year if it is in the US, overseas in a foreign country then a lot shorter. 

http://stillifeafter40.blogspot.com

I think, for all branches, if your spouse dies you are entitled to 365 days of BAH or on-base living.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

The Sunflower Love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +