Gigya Leaderboard

Help airman being deployed!!!!

Yep, just like the others have said - research the new area you're moving to and jump in and explore. That'll keep you busy. Make a to-do list of things you want to do and see. What area are you moving to? Maybe some of us can help you get a jump start on that list if we've been there/are there.

I totally agree with everything Lucky Girl said. Especially making new friends! Since you are moving closer to him, I am assuming you will be closer to a military installation. Maybe some of his buddies who are deploying also have girlfriend's or wives nearby. See if you can get in contact with any of them. If you hit it off with them, they will be a great support while he is gone since they are going through the same thing. 

You handle it just like all the other months you two are apart. Enjoy the month you'll have with him. Try to put yourself in the frame of mind that you will have six months to explore the new area your moving to. It's hard, I know, but try to focus on something fun you plan on doing during that time. When my husband has been gone for months, then I get to see him for a few weeks, I always find some solace that I've got a routine down to return to when the visit is over.

When your nursing school is finished you can focus on finding a job. I'm sure that should keep you busy for a while./WorkArea/threadeddisc/emoticons/wink.png Add to that the challenge of making some new friends and finding a new hobby, and you should be able to focus on something other than the separation. Get a pet.... It's hard to feel too much self-pity when you have take care of someone else.

www.wickedwitandwisdom.blogspot.com

Thanks guys!!!!!!! /WorkArea/threadeddisc/emoticons/happy.png

thanks so much that really helped and he does h ave a pet already so i think that would work for me..again thanks so much/WorkArea/threadeddisc/emoticons/happy.png

Ok,me and my airman have been together 8 months now and we haven't seen each other,well we decided to close the gap at the end of may early june and I am moving to be with him,and finish nursing school, well right after I am to get there he tells me he has to leave for 6 months so I'll be by myself the first 6 months and i need to know how do I handle this? I'll already had been away from him a whole yr and then I'll spend four weeks with him and he is gone again...I need help and advice on how to stay busy because nursing school will keep me busy for so long..

Quoted

Yep, just like the others have said - research the new area you're moving to and jump in and explore. That'll keep you busy. Make a to-do list of things you want to do and see. What area are you moving to? Maybe some of us can help you get a jump start on that list if we've been there/are there.

"thanks,I will keep that in mind.but I'm not moving right now after all because he is being deployed to Guam and then Afghanistan ...6 months each so that's another yr apart,not to mention we have been apart the past 10 months. Im hoping I get to see him before he leaves for. His journey in June. 

Thanks, everyone I will keep that in mind,but I'm not moving right now after all because he is being deployed to Guam and then Afghanistan ...6 months each so that's another yr apart,not to mention we have been apart the past 10 months. Im hoping I get to see him before he leaves for his journey in June.

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +