Gigya Leaderboard

Fort Leavenworth, Kansas??

Have you gotten any more information?? Just found out that hubby and I will be PCS-ing there sometime before March! 

are you still looking for info on FT Leavenworth? We were there for 8 1/2 yrs!

We're supposed to be PCS'ing to Fort Leavenworth, Kansas in August. Just wondering if anyone had any info, tips or advice about the post.

Thanks

I need info on Leavenworth too! Hubby just got his orders and thats where we will be stationed next year. any info would be GREAT!

Hi! We are at Whiteman AFB, MO- you will be 2 hrs away from us!

All I can say is, the summers are REALLY hot and make sure you have sunscreen and bug spray! We haven't gone near Leavenworth but if there isn't much to do there, like here- Kansas City, MO or Kansas City, KS will be the place to be!

It depends if you're going for the year school or will be permanent party.  Most permanent party will be given housing.  There's loads of new housing since we were there 4 years ago.  CGSC may or may not be given housing.  Some people like the rural atmosphere, others can't take it.  I'll leave that open for discussion.

You do not want to live in the town of Leavenworth.  Most military not on base live in Lansing, just south. You can easily find a decent house to rent in Lansing and then if you have kids they go to the Lansing schools.  Life improved markedly when two shopping areas opened, the Zona Rosa, over by the airport, and a center with Target, Great Wolf Lodge, etc. down by the racetrack (NASCAR comes once a year there I think).  Downtown Kansas City is about an hour.  The children's hospital is good there.  Medical care on base is sketchy, depends on your needs.  The onbase DODDS schools are excellent.

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +