Gigya Leaderboard

PCSing to Minot AFB, ND

I know someone in Minot who said housing is terrible, as in there aren't many available and what is up for sale is much higher priced than it should be for what you would get. I am not sure about apartment availability. If it's an option you may want to see if you can live on post.

I hope not to bust your bubble but Minot is a unaccompanied assignement right now.  Due to the floods last year there is a shortage of homes.  By now the AF should have told your husband this and let you know that you can relocate to where ever you want and the AF will pay for your housing there.  Once housing becomes available then you can move to Minot with your hubby.

I have friends that are pcsing there also and they are trying to buy a home so they can still be together.  They are finding out even with a 280,000 budget and only asking for 2 bed one bath that there is no homes that they could get, unless they are flooded homes that need remodeling.   (they have dogs and would like some land and this is not available in Minot right now)

We were stationed there from 08-10 and loved it, did not want to leave. 

I hope you do find something or at least get put on the housing list for on base...

Rita retired and loving it.... Adam my hero husband... Jenni I am so proud of you... Jordan the world is yours for the taking...

Hi I'm currently in Minot AFB, I don't k now about apartments or houses available yet but I have seen some new apartments in construction in Minot, if I know about some available, I'll let you know, good luck!
Veronica

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jess and I am a new AF wife and just joined this site today! My husband got his first assignment to Minot AFB, ND.

Being the planner that I am I started looking into homes for rent or apartments in Minot and there is absolutely NOTHING...any insight from those that are currently there or those who are also PSCing to Minot, would be much appreciated. 

Also, since it's my first PCS any other spouses that want to give advise, I am all ears!

Thank you

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +