Gigya Leaderboard

New Navy Husband

My fiance just graduated Marine Corps bootcamp at the end of February and Marine Combat Training yesterday.  That first month I was useless.  I just moped around all day.  It gets easier and the letters will definitely help.  I wrote her every day and she said that that really helped her make it through.  The best you can do is just to keep yourself busy and alow yourself to mope sometimes.  I spent my time doing a lot of research because I am new to military life so I've been planning for the future.  She is in tech school in Pensacola now and once she gets settled in, Im going to go down and visit her and I think were going to just go ahead and get married when I visit. 

Hi James!

What kind of things are you interested in?  Are you able to take up some kind of hobby that will make the time go faster, or could you possibly do volunteering?  You could also start watching a TV show you've never seen before.  I'm thinking about doing that once my husband leaves on his next deployment.

No separation is easy, and I wish you the best of luck in dealing with this one!  =)

Quoted

My fiance left for the Naval Training Center in Great Lakes last week and I am having a hard time deal with her adsence. I've "googled" some things, but I can't find anything that takes up my time. I am always thinking about her and even at work I can't help, but break down sometimes. Any advice for a new Navy husband? I will take anything at this point. :/

We are getting married after basic, didn't have time to before she left :( 

- - James

I am interested in many things, my problem is I work at the Public Library six days a week as a Security Officer and I have a lot of free time to think while I walk around. I can't really do anything else my job is to walk and babysit adults :) The shock of her being gone and the change is slowly subsiding, I just hate the lack of commuication yet I guess I will have to get used to that with the Military and all. I got her new mailing address on Thursday and started to send out letters which is going to help a lot. I just can't with until PIR! 

Our Sailor graduates on May 18, 2012. 

Quoted

Hi James!

What kind of things are you interested in?  Are you able to take up some kind of hobby that will make the time go faster, or could you possibly do volunteering?  You could also start watching a TV show you've never seen before.  I'm thinking about doing that once my husband leaves on his next deployment.

No separation is easy, and I wish you the best of luck in dealing with this one!  =)

Quoted

My fiance left for the Naval Training Center in Great Lakes last week and I am having a hard time deal with her adsence. I've "googled" some things, but I can't find anything that takes up my time. I am always thinking about her and even at work I can't help, but break down sometimes. Any advice for a new Navy husband? I will take anything at this point. :/

- - James

- - James

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +