Gigya Leaderboard

New Air Force Wife

Welcome!

I am also relatively new to military life. By husband left for basic in November and we have been at our first duty station for 2 months. Since you are new, chances are you and your husband won't get the best duty assignment. The running joke in the military is that your "dream" sheet is called that because it's really a "dream" and not a reality. My husband and I got stationed at Vance AFB in Enid, Ok, and trust me, it was not on our Dream Sheet. My advice to you is to stay positive wherever you may go and make a solid effort to get involved in anything and everything you can. Since we have been here, I have gone to more game nights, barbacues, and other social events ever in my life! I've met some awesome people that I would have never normally approached. We are truly enjoying our time here, and we are definitely making the best of it. No matter where you get stationed, go with an open mind and you may be pleasantly surprised!

Hello and welcome!  Hang on to your hat it's going to be an awesome ride!!  :-)

Hey Yall, 

Im new to the Military life, my husband will be graduating basic training in 11 days and i cannot wait to see him. We have been married 6 months today! Im 20 and any advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks :)

Congrats on your marriage and welcome to the military world! Just remember that change is constant, and the best way to get through everything is just go with the flow. What job is he going to be doing?

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +