Gigya Leaderboard

Soon to be Navy Wife! Getting married next year! Is my Sailor gonna be at the alter?

So, how old are you?

Hey Everyone! Pretty much new in here! My Fiance is actually in basic training and is graudating this month! Im pretty Excited! Yet, I have so much questions and totally stressed out over wedding plans! Before he even enlisted we booked  a venue and planned our wedding for next year February, now that he's in, Im totally scared/worried that he might be deployed somewhere else and he won't be able to be there on that big day! I was wondering if he's gonna be able to have time off for the wedding? or any sort of time off? PLEASE HELP!

Hey girl, first of all, congrats :) secondly, there is no guarantee... My husband and I lost a $1,000 deposit because we had to change our venue. I think we had to change our wedding plans at least five times. A lot of it came from his higher ups giving him conflicting information so we thought we had real answers, when in reality we had speculations. 

My advice, if you absolutely can't wait, go to him, do a civil ceremony, and when you KNOW you have time later for sure, plan your wedding ceremony. A lot of people will tell you that that's not a good idea, but my husband and I were married in a hotel room in August, had a ceremony with family in may, and I still hold on to the hotel room memory more than the may ceremony. Your wedding is what you make of it, but I wouldn't put too much faith in any "yes" answers you get from petty officers or otherwise at this point. 

I hope it works out the y you want, but please please please learn to laugh if it doesn't, it will save you a lot of heartbreak. Also, try talking to the venue you have reserved, MAYBE they can help you since its sort of a special circumstance... Maybe... 

It is actually hard to say but it is possible.  Leave is not granted just because you are getting married, he could be deployed, he might not get leave authorized, he could also be stationed at an overseas assignment where you can't join him as well. With leave he can submit the paperwork to have it but it doesn't always have to be granted. Too many variables, you do need to have a backup plan and find out what can happen if it has to be changed. 

Quoted

Hey Everyone! Pretty much new in here! My Fiance is actually in basic training and is graudating this month! Im pretty Excited! Yet, I have so much questions and totally stressed out over wedding plans! Before he even enlisted we booked  a venue and planned our wedding for next year February, now that he's in, Im totally scared/worried that he might be deployed somewhere else and he won't be able to be there on that big day! I was wondering if he's gonna be able to have time off for the wedding? or any sort of time off? PLEASE HELP!

My husband and I got married January 2011 after he had been in almost 2 years. We decided we were going to get married just 3 months before we actually did so that we would know that he could come home for the wedding. Its not the wedding that is important it is the marriage. Just make sure you are not putting to much hope on something that may or may not turn out to be what you want. Once you are married focus on your relationship.

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +