Gigya Leaderboard

Question!!!

Once you close on a VA loan, you don't have to remain in the military to keep it.  Most people get a 30 year loan anyway, so the VA is not under the impression you will be 'in' the entire loan in the first place.  These people are just out sooner than they had planned, but the bank doesn't care. I hope they are able to sell the house or maintian their income to continue to pay the bills. 

Just recently, a friend of ours got in trouble for drugs (spice).  He just went in to the commander today to receive his punishment.  He lost all of his stripes, has extra detail for 2 weeks, loses half a months pay for two months, and is pending discharge.  Well, just within the month before all of this went down, him and his wife got a VA loan for a house and just closed on it a couple days ago.  I asked him if getting in trouble and getting an other than honorable discharge would effect their VA loan and he said no, but I've heard otherwise from some other people.  I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about this.  He said since he already closed on the house and got the loan that him getting in trouble now doesn't matter as far as being able to use the VA loan.  Is this true or not?  I would really hate to see them get all excited and ready to move then find out that he was wrong and that his VA loan is being stripped from him.   

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +