Gigya Leaderboard

Army Guard Bf Going to Basic

Thank you so much! that is such a help. My mom already told me she'd drive me up to GA for his graduation and that kinda sucks that i can't send him care packages but i am looking forward to letters and calls :) would have been great if he got internet for skype or something but we will manage :)

We are very open in our communication and we are sure of each other and that we want to be together and spend our lives together. From what I've seen, our relationship is much more mature than those of others' my age. We talk about EVERYTHING and try not to keep anything bottled up to avoid big fights later, and we talk about how hard things are going to be so it won't be this huge shock for me. 

I guess i have a few more questions though cuz people have been asking me things that i can't quite answer myself. If he is going from OK to GA is he going to be flying over? if so i get to go see him off right?? One of our friends also wants to go and i told her that she probably could but that I'm not exactly sure.

Sigh... So many things to learn about military life that i technically should already know since I'm a military brat myself.

Hi! This is my first post and i jus figured i'd cut to the chase. My Boyfriend is leaving for Basic in about 8 months, and I just am wondering what i should expect. How often can we talk? Can he get care packages if he's just at Basic? How is graduation goin to work with me gettin to see him and all? how soon after can he expect to be deployed cuz he kinda wants to really soon? Also, we have been discussing marriage lately, which i have no doubt that i would be just fine with, even though there is no way that our parents would approve because of age. He absolutely will not marry me until he has permission from my parents but we though of maybe a JP and not really count it as really being married, then having a chapel wedding later, because we are both pretty religious and it doesn't count unless its in front of a minister. We would just be doing the JP to avoid all the obstacles that come with having a BF in the mil instead of a spouse. Good idea or bad??? We need to figure out if that is really something we wanna do before we pitch it to our parents, and it would be like an engagement before the actual engagement.

He's goin to Benning, GA

Care packages I wouldn't advise sending them, instead lots of letters of support, a few pictures, maybe some cough drops but nothing more than that.

For graduation it can depend on his AIT and the length plus where it is to how much you will see him.  I believe they do have to be sponsored by a family member such as a spouse or parent to leave the post, if you are not then an issue there.  You will have to pay for your own way there as well as arranging transportaiton and lodging.

Deployment no one can give you a direct answer, but if he is in the NG then not as much of a chance compared to if he was Active Duty.  Otherwise he will be at home, doing Drills one weekend a month & 2 weeks of the year.  They could be called up for a natural disaster or other reason for the state.

If you are younger than 20, wait.  If you are 18 or under, DEFINITELY wait.  You have so much ahead of you to do including your education which really needs to come first and foremost.  Plus he will not be away from you for very long before you are back together again.  Now there is nothing wrong with engagement and then seeing how the relationship goes from there.  People do change especially between the time you are a teenager and the 20s so you need to make sure you are on the same wavelength in what you want to do, where you want to go and how you see yourself a few years down the line. 

Quoted
Hi! This is my first post and i jus figured i'd cut to the chase. My Boyfriend is leaving for Basic in about 8 months, and I just am wondering what i should expect. How often can we talk? Can he get care packages if he's just at Basic? How is graduation goin to work with me gettin to see him and all? how soon after can he expect to be deployed cuz he kinda wants to really soon? Also, we have been discussing marriage lately, which i have no doubt that i would be just fine with, even though there is no way that our parents would approve because of age. He absolutely will not marry me until he has permission from my parents but we though of maybe a JP and not really count it as really being married, then having a chapel wedding later, because we are both pretty religious and it doesn't count unless its in front of a minister. We would just be doing the JP to avoid all the obstacles that come with having a BF in the mil instead of a spouse. Good idea or bad??? We need to figure out if that is really something we wanna do before we pitch it to our parents, and it would be like an engagement before the actual engagement.

Oh yeah, communications during Basic are very limited. You might get phone calls but only on Sunday and there is a limit in how long they can be.  No emails, no Facebook either.  Letters are the way of communications

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +