Gigya Leaderboard

Fair weather friends? Lets talk about fair weather family.

Cutting his sisters because they are two faced and scandalous. When have you said enough is enough? How do you deal when you are forced in the same area ex. Holidays birthdays ?

Well, let's see... I, personally, make sure I leave all my matches and gasoline at home. I start practicing the phrase "Oh, bless your heart" in front of the mirror until it's perfected to relay several different meanings. And I also insult them under my breath in another language, while smiling. I prefer German. ;)

Seriously though, my husband and I have decided that it's best to get a hotel room for those visits that are overnight. Even family members I love dearly can get on my last nerve. When it comes to those scandalous family members and knowing when to say enough is enough, that's hard. You've just got to decide how you're going to handle the worst case scenario ahead of time. Then you'll be better prepared for just about anything. Some people thrive on drama and they will try to pull you into it. Don't let them. If you're in the same room with them and they start up with their insults, drama, criticisms, or whatever their poison is, try to think of them being on stage on a Jerry Springer show. Think of them as your entertainment. You can't change them, no matter what. All you can do is control yourself... and don't go looking for matches or scissors.

Q: Dear Sally: I was dumped over a promotion!

A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank... Read more.

Q: Nervous about Nookie after Deployment?

A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.

Q: Worried about OPSEC?

A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.

Q: Are You Slowly Going Insane in Base Housing?

A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.

Q: Should we consider geo-baching?

A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.

• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google +