Many of us simply adore the holidays. It can be a time of celebration, reflection, family, friends and beloved traditions. It can also be a time of stress, extra pounds, travel and lengthy out of town visitors. So even though we enjoy our holiday celebrations, there is sometimes a sigh of relief when they are over. A group of our collaborators put their heads together and came up with a list of reasons they are glad the holiday season is over for another year! What items would you add to the list?
Contributors: Cyndia Rios-Myers, Rebecca Alwine, Erin Whitehead, Stacy Allsbrook Huisman, Ashley Broadway-Mack, Katie Foley, Ingrid Herrera-Yee, Wayne Perry, Patrick Patt Donaldson, Diedra Lee Stubbs, Morgan Wood Slade, Kate Dolack, C Jovan Williams, Samantha Dean
35) The guilt of living far away from family and not spending the holidays with them goes away.
34) School starts again. We can hear the collective cheer from parents!
33) Can once again focus on eating healthy now that all of those holiday meals, parties and goodies are in our rearview mirror!
32) Can get back to working on our savings account.
31) No more baking cookies! Or any other baked good for yet another cookie swap or event.
30) Bye, Bye Creepy Elf! We love that our children behave, and we know you are not real… but still, we dream about you… and it freaks us out.
29) No more guilt over taking good Christmas card pictures.
28) No more guilt about not getting a single Christmas card mailed.
27) No more in-laws and visitors! We love our company… we also love having our houses back to ourselves!
26) No more sweeping up/vacuuming pine needles and watering the tree.