2. Take advantage of generous benefits.
Free tickets to events!
- Vet Tix: this organization provides tickets to events in order to reduce stress, strengthen family bonds, build life-long memories and encourage service members and veterans to stay engaged with local communities and American life. Vet Tix provides tickets to all branches of currently serving military and veterans, including immediate family of troops KIA. Vet Tix secures tickets to sporting events, concerts, performing arts, educational and family activities across the nation.
- Waves of Honor: Sea World, Busch Gardens and Sesame Place salutes the men and women of our armed forces and their families by offering one complimentary admission per year to for military personnel and as many as three direct dependents.
Free admission to museums!
- Blue Star Museums: in collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, offers free admission to the nation’s active duty military personnel, including National Guard and Reserve and their families, from Memorial Day through Labor Day to more than 2,000 museums across America. The program also provides families an opportunity to enjoy the nation’s cultural heritage and learn more about their new communities after a military move. Blue Star Museums represent not just fine arts museums, but also science museums, history museums, nature centers and dozens of children’s museums.
Discounted tickets from your installation’s travel office!
- Whether you’re heading for the beach, ready to take a cruise or are destined for a week at a great theme park, the travel office can assist you in a number of ways, including with purchasing discounted attraction tickets, booking a cruise, cruise, securing a resort vacation rentals and much more.
Discounted lodging at military installations!
- When you are out exploring, you can take advantage of many convenient and inexpensive lodging options available around the world from each branch of the military. There are thousands of rooms available at temporary housing facilities, hotels, resorts, and guesthouses around the world. Each branch of the military offers its own special lodging styles and locations.
Free (or nearly free) flights!
- Space Available Flight, better known as Space A, is an awesome benefit provided to service members, retirees and their families. Under the program, eligible passengers can fill unused seats on DoD-owned or controlled aircraft once all the space-required passengers and cargo have been accommodated. Space A Travel is not always predictable, but if you have the time and flexibility, it offers incredible discounts to a wide variety of locations.
Free admission to the great outdoors!
- Free National Park Pass: Available to Current U.S. military members and the dependents of deployed military in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard, as well as most members of the Current U.S. Reserves and National Guard. The passes can be obtained in person at any federal recreation sites that charges entrance or standard amenity fees and permits owners and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle at per vehicle fee areas, or the pass owner and up to additional three adults at sites that charge per person.
For more on unknown military discounts- check out this article!