Effective Date: November 14, 2014
Welcome to the website of Victory Media, Inc. (”Victory Media”, Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”). The following terms and conditions govern your access to and use of this website, as well as the websites of all of the Victory Media Brands, including: G.I. Jobs®; Military Friendly®; STEM Jobs™; STEM Friendly, Military Spouse; NaVOBA; and Buy Veteran (collectively “the Sites”).
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Sites, and any service or material we provide on the Sites, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Sites are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to all or some Sites or some portions of the Sites.
If Registration for use on a Site or a portion thereof is required and you are provided with a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Sites using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Children and Parents
The Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and no one under 13 years of age is allowed access to the Sites or any of our public discussion areas, forums and chats or to subscribe to any newsletters. Unless you are an emancipated minor, all minors under the age of 18 must possess parental or guardian consent to access and use the Sites or to subscribe to any of the Magazines on our Sites.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Sites and the contents, features and functionality, including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
Unless specifically permitted by the particular Site, you must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Sites, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of materials from the Sites in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages from the Sites for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
You may not modify copies of any materials from the Sites, use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text or delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Sites.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Sites other than that set out in this section, you may contact us and make such request via letter, e-mail or telephone at the contact information provided below.
The Company and Brand Names listed above, the Company and Brand logos and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans, are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Sites are the trademarks of their respective owners and you may not use those trademarks without the written permission of the owners of those marks.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Sites, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Sites or expose us or them to liability.
- In any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Sites or interfere with any other party’s use of the Sites, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Sites.
- To use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Sites for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Sites.
- To use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Sites or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- To introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, or other material which are malicious or technologically harmful.
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Sites or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Sites.
The Sites may contain message boards, blogs, forums, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, community bulletin boards, social networking channels and other interactive features that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, ”post”) content or materials (collectively, ”User Contributions”) on or through the Sites.
All User Contributions you post to the Sites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing User Contributions on the Sites, you grant us, our affiliates and service providers, and each of their licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and disclose to third parties any such User Contributions.
You understand and acknowledge you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such User Contributions, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness. We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions.
Monitoring and Enforcement and Termination
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on the Sites.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions. Such User Contributions must comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass or alarm any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Misrepresent that the content emanates from or is endorsed by us or any other person or entity.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
We respect the intellectual property of others. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), if you believe that any content on the Sites infringes on your copyright, please provide the following information to our designated agent:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Victory Media to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number and e-mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under the pains and penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
The designated copyright agent who will receive notification of any claimed infringement is:
Brian Samuel Malkin
U.S. Patent Attorney
409 Broad Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15143
(412) 741 8400 ext. 216
Links from the Sites
If the Sites contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to our Sites, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
SMS/Text Messages and E-Mail Messages to Your Mobile Device
If you send us a text message requesting information through our SMS Service, you are consenting to receive an automated text message from us in response to your request. You understand that message and data rates may apply and that you opt-out of receipt of any further text messages from us at any time. If you provide us with an e-mail address to your mobile device, you agree to receive e-mail messages from us at that e-mail address. All such e-mails from us will contain a link that allows you to unsubscribe from receipt of further e-mails to that address or to modify what e-mails you would like to receive at that e-mail address.
Disclaimer of Warranties
USE OF THE SITES, ITS CONTENT AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITES, THEIR CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITES. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SITES, ITS CONTENT OR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, FREE OF DEFECTS, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE SITES OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE THAT RELATE IN ANY WAY TO USE OF THE SITES.
Limitation on Liability
THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SITES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES AND INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL AND LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
Indemnification and Release
Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
Waiver and Severability
How to Contact Us
© Copyright 2014-2015 Victory Media, Inc.
Effective Date: November 14, 2014
Victory Media, Inc. (“Victory Media”, “Company”, “Our”, “We”, or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protect it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy may change from time to time. All changes are effective immediately when we post them. Your continued use of the Sites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, do not provide any information about yourself on the Sites or through any mobile device such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including:
- personal identifying information such as name, gender, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (including mobile devices), date of birth, education and information on your military service (”Personal Information”);
- information which is about you, but does not identify you individually (“Aggregate Information”).
We collect this information from you in the following ways:
- Voluntarily from you when you (1) register or create an account on one or more of our Sites or become a Client or Sponsor; (2) communicate with us via telephone, e-mail or text, including our SMS Service; (3) enter a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion on one of our Sites; (4) interact with us through Public Areas such as forums, bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms or other methods of communication that may be offered on our Sites (“User Contributions”); and/or (5) otherwise provide information in connection with services you choose to utilize on our Sites;
- As described in the section immediately below, as you navigate through our Sites, information is collected automatically, which may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY THROUGH COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
As you use our Sites, we may use automatic data technologies to gather and log information about your equipment and navigation patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including the resources that you access and use;
- Your IP address, browser type, operating system and internet service provider
The technologies used for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies are small bits of data written to your hard drive when you visit our Sites that contain information such as a user or session ID to track the pages you have visited so you do not have re-enter your ID information throughout your visit;
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored object (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Sites.
- Web Beacons. Pages on our Sites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit, for example, statistics on the number of users who have visited those pages and the popularity of certain content on our Sites.
We do NOT collect Personal Information automatically. Information and data collected automatically is used in aggregate form only.
Some content or applications on our Sites, including advertisements, are served by third-parties such as ad networks, advertisers, servers, content providers and application providers. These third-parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use our Sites. We do not control these third-parties or their use of information they may collect through such tracking technologies. If you have questions or concerns about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Victory Media collects Personal Information and Aggregate Information from you for a number of reasons, including:
- To provide you with information about the products and services offered on our Sites that we believe will be of interest to you;
- for system maintenance, to perform surveys and to gain a better understand how our Sites are used;
- to help us develop new products and services;
- to improve the services we offer on our Sites by customizing the advertising and content you see on the Sites;
- for those services on our Sites that require you to register, to create and manage your account;
- to contact you to secure additional information that is needed to better serve you;
- when you use our SMS Service, to respond to your request for information about our services and products;
- to notify you about changes to our Sites and/or any new products or services offered on the Sites, including opportunities we may offer on a co-branded or cross promotional basis with our partners;
- to detect or resolve problems with our Sites, to assist with customer support, to provide security and to protect against fraud
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Aggregate Information is shared with third-parties for research or marketing purposes. You understand that Aggregate Information does not identify you individually and can be used and shared by us without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect about you as follows:
- to third-parties with whom we partner for co-branded or cross-promotional shopping opportunities, games, services or other applications that we believe will interest and provide benefits to you or who wish to contact you to promote their own goods and services;
- to contractors and service providers that we use to perform specific functions for our business and our Sites. Such third-parties are authorized to use your Personal Information only for the purpose of providing the specific services requested by us;
- to potential employers, recruiters and educational institutions by providing access to our databases and/or selling information from our databases to such recruiters, educational institutions and employers;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, if the Personal Information held by the Company is among the assets sold or transferred;
- to comply with a court order, law or legal process, including any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce our Terms of Service;
- where such disclosure is needed to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our users, Clients or others.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Sites may contain Public Areas where User Contributions are posted. Users of these Public Areas should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose Personal Information in content submitted for posting, that information can be read and used by others. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to the security or use of Personal Information you voluntarily include when submitting such User Contributions.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Victory Media follows generally accepted industry practices to protect the Personal Information you provide through our Sites, including a two-tiered approach which utilizes a database engine that incorporates multiple security protocols and provides access to the information through user name and password identification only, which are encrypted. Additionally, our Sites and databases are deployed on third-party hosting providers that are also protected by network and security monitoring systems that notify the Company of occurrences that might represent security issues. However, because no method transmission over the internet is 100% secure, there is no guarantee that Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by a breach of these safeguards.
UNITED STATES ONLY
Our Sites are intended for use by residents of the United States only. If you are located outside the U.S., please note that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the U.S. and that by submitting information to us you authorize this transfer and the processing of this information within the U.S.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, users of the Sites who are residents of California can obtain certain information about the disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Victory Media, Inc., P.O. Box 26, Sewickley, PA 15143
YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
HOW TO CONTACT US