During the government shutdown, some services relevant to the education of military spouses, service members and/or veterans will remain intact and others will be on hold.
The bad news……
- MyCAA Tuition Assistance for Military Spouses: Suspended
-No new requests for financial assistance will be processed, however, those spouses with claims APPROVED prior to October 1, 2013 will receive their funding
- Tuition Assistance for all branches: Suspended
- Installation Education Centers: Closed -Includes counseling services and testing centers
- Veterans Administration: -The GI Bill hotline: Suspended
-If you use the “Submit a Question” button on the website: Suspended
-VetSuccess On Campus operations: Suspended
Now, the good news……
- Post 9/11 GI Bill: Open -Education claims processing and payments.
- Department of Education (DoED): Open
DoED activities have been curtailed and most employees are on furlough. However,as
long as the shutdown is short-lived, the following will continue:
-Federal student aid application (FAFSA) processing
-Delivery of federal student aid, and
-Federal student loan repayment functions.
3. Military OneSource: Open
-Includes information and referral
-Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) counselors will continue to
provide comprehensive education and career counseling services.
For information on specific questions, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.