Angela’s Famous Traditional Hummus
This is my own secret recipe. It can be served as a dip with wedges of pita bread or vegetables, and goes well with broiled or grilled meat. It can also be used as a healthy alternative to mayonnaise on sandwiches.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chick peas
- 3½ teaspoons tahini (sesame seed puree)
- 3 cloves minced garlic (1½ teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Drain can of chick peas and reserve ¼ cup fluid.
- Mix tahini thoroughly before using to incorporate oil that separates during storage.
- Using a food processor or blender, combine and blend all ingredients until smooth.
- If hummus is too thick, add a few tablespoons of reserved fluid from chick peas and blend again.
- Pour into serving platter. Enjoy!
Tina Kashian, previously published as Tina Gabrielle, is an Amazon bestselling author, an attorney, and a former mechanical engineer whose love of reading for pleasure helped her get through years of academia. Tina spent her childhood summers at the Jersey shore building sandcastles, boogie boarding, and riding the boardwalk Ferris wheel. She also grew up in the restaurant business, as her Armenian parents owned a restaurant for thirty years. Tina’s books have been Barnes & Noble top picks, and her first book, Lady of Scandal, was nominated as Best First Historical Romance by RT Book Reviews. Please visit her website at http://www.tinakashian.com to join her newsletter, receive delicious recipes, enter contests, and more!
Dying to discover what happens When Lucy Berberian quits her Philadelphia law firm and heads home to Ocean Crest? She knows what she’s getting—the scent of funnel cake, the sight of the wooden roller coaster, and the tastes of her family’s Mediterranean restaurant. But murder wasn’t on the menu…Click the links below to find out!