Halloween is less than a week away and the spooky traditions have already begun.
Dressing up in creative costumes and stuffing your face with trick or treat chocolate is all part of the fun but we can all agree that pumpkin carving is clearly the best part of Halloween.
Sure, it’s the taking part that counts, but for some crafters, pumpkin carving is like an Olympic competition – a contest to see who can carve the most imaginative, Instagrammable pumpkin on the street.
National Pumpkin Day (October 26) is the creative precursor to Halloween and it’s the perfect opportunity to test out your slicing skills by prepping a world-class jack-o’-lantern.
Need some inspiration? Here are 20 creepy pumpkin carvings to try this Halloween.
1. There’s no Disney villain more suited to Halloween than Cruella
2. The Cheshire Cat is a nice twist on the classic toothy grin pumpkin.
3. Clowns always make an appearance on All Hallows’ Eve but this year It’s all about Pennywise
4. Not kidding
5. Freak the trick or treaters out with a Walking Dead creation
It’s that time of year again when my amazing pumpkin carver husband will be carving some amazing new designs to WOW the hundreds of tick or treaters we get. Can’t wait to see what he does this year . #pumpkincarving #pumpkin #thewalkingdead #halloween #masterpumpkincarver #besthusbandever #bestfriend #walkingdeadamc #walkingdeadseason1 #kgwnews #kgwpumpkinoftheday
6. They’re here
It’s hee-eere… (October, that is!) Jack O’Lantern art and carving has no limits, check out this Poltergeist pumpkin done for Louisville’s #jackolanternspectacular – – – – #jackolanterns #jackolantern #pumpkin #pumpkincarving #Halloween #pumpkinart #poltergeist #carolann #details #halloweenart #horrormovie #thepoltergeist #pumpkinartist #ymeartwork
7. Sticking with the iconic movie theme, you could try your hand at slicing Slimer into your pumpkin
8. This clown carving is very American Horror Story: Cult
9. Why go with one mediocre idea when you can go with three awesome ones?
10. Offer your Trick or Treaters some brains when they come knocking
11. This Chucky jack-o’-lantern is equally cool and creepy
12. Or you could get super creative with other props and make a skeleton jail
13. Pumpkins can actually be really threatening on their own
14. Whoever carved this Game of Thrones Night King inspired pumpkin deserves a medal
Someone carved the Night King into a Halloween pumpkin. I do not have a fucking ounce of pumpkin carving skills to pay the bills so this stuff always blows my mind. Only regret is that he should be glowing blue, not red. #halloween2017#pumpkin#pumpkincarving#nightking#got#gameofthrones#pumpkincarvingart#pumpkincarvingatitsfinest
15. A spooky skull is sure to give the kids nightmares
16. You shall not pass. A warning for tricksters on Halloween
17. Haunt anyone who visits your home this Hallows’ Eve with a Grim Stitch Factory inspired Scarecrow Mask pumpkin
First pumpkin carving of October!! Scarecrow head inspired by Grim Stitch Factory masks. Yes, it’s all pumpkin! Tune in tonight at 10pm on Food Network to watch me and my team battle on Halloween Wars Hayride of Horror!! #foodnetwork #halloweenwarshayrideofhorror #halloweenwars #thisishalloween #pumpkin #pumpkincarving #pumpkinsculpting #foodart #pumpkinmadness #foodnetworkstars #grimstitchfactory